MATH DESTORYER: how similar are the questions to DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am using Math Destroyer to study for the QR section. I took my first practice math test and I only got 10/40. NOT VERY GOOD.

Are the QR DAT questions very similar to the destroyer ones? How should I improve my score in this section?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont have the Math Destroyer but your scores are not too good. I don't think it matters which ones are the most similar rather be familiar with doing math problems. What you should do is practice and not worry about timing for now until you get familiar with math and then when u take a test just go through the ones that are easy and quick first and that should get you atleast a 20/40 and then tackle the harder ones that would take longer time with the time left. Always put down an answer even if you are going to come back to it cuz even guessing is friutful at times.

Yeah, I have been trying to practice by timing myself for 45 minutes. That makes me lose concentration though and I start guessing at ones I can probably answer...

If you didn't use destroyer, what did you use to practice the QR section?

Like I said, don't worry about timing yet until you are comfortable with math. When you actually start timing yourself you will be less likely to guess on questions that you are able to do.

I just refreshed my memory with the kaplan blue book section and some random online tutorials on stuff I forgot (since I have been using a calculator for the last 4 years). I then tried taking the Kaplan test while timing myself and got a 14 and barely got to question 20. I then did the DAT destoryer, not Math Destroyer, without worrying about time then took a test with my strategy and got 18, now I'm gettin 18-20 on each test I take. I did not time myself until I took a full length test on Topscore. Since you have the Math Destroyer then you can time yourself on some of those tests. Maybe like practice with the first 5 tests then time yourself with the last 5. Taking full length tests is extra practive as well. You will notice a huge improvement and I think doing this you will be fine, good luck.

I am using Math Destroyer to study for the QR section. I took my first practice math test and I only got 10/40. NOT VERY GOOD.

Are the QR DAT questions very similar to the destroyer ones? How should I improve my score in this section?

I really liked the math destroyer and found very similar problems on the Dat. use it and practice the problems as much as you can. you'll get the hang of it eventually! good luck!