1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Math on mcat...(based on 3R experience)

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by UofT_475, Jul 25, 2006.

1. UofT_475

UofT_475 Member
    2+ Year Member

Hey guys,

Do we need to know stuf like Arctan or cotan...and it values for the MCAT? I have no clue what these are, and it sorta freaked me (its been 4 years)

cheers,
    UT

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WilliamsF1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    As I said in the other thread, tan is tangent, just to clear anything up. Second, Tan(theta) = y/x (if we're talking about right triangles). Theta = arctan(y/x). Same applies for sine and cosine. The value for theta is based on the y/x. So arctan(1/2) is 30 degrees. Arccos(1/sqrt2) is 45 degrees.

4. Knickerbocker

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You definitely need to know the cos/tan/sin relationships with a right triangle. Knowing values of common angles (0,30,45,60,90 degrees) is probably a good idea.

I think I know which problem in 3R you are talking about. If it is the one I am thinking about, you didn't need to know the numerical values for angles, just the relationships.