Math Requirement for Medical Schools-HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have finished two calculus classes at my undergrad (quarter system) and was just curious to learn about the full year math requirement. My pre-med office has a requirements sheet that says 2 quarters of calc and 1 quarter of stats. My question is, would a psychology based stats class be a valid option to fulfill that third math class? I only ask because i already fulfilled some stats classes through AP credit and need a third quarter of math/stats. Hope you guys can help me out, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can probably satisfy the thyroid quarter with half a parathyroid. The PTH section is pretty rough though, and you'll need to be versed in calcitonin to be able to manage it well. Wtf am I doing with my life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
On the real, the psych stats class should satisfy the math requirement, but I'd advise you to contact AMCAS' people.

You could also just take an online stats class over the summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I emailed my advisor to ask her if i could even take the class to begin with but once i hear back from her i will contact them. I just don't want to have to take an upper division stats class just so i can satisfy my third quarter of math and would rather take something else! If not, ill just bite the bullet and grind out the upper div class. Thanks! @werunthis

Math requirements are very informal and many schools do not really care. Any stats will be more than fine.

AP credit also generally gets you out, if you have any of that

@md-2020 Thanks for the input, I figured it wasn't going to be a huge deal anyways but i am just going to double check with my pre-med office and advisor.