math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSaab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much math has everyone taken in here?

What kind of Math is on the DAT? I havent seen math in general for a while... except in general chem...

How should I prepare?

Members don't see this ad.

I went all the way to calculus (one semester), but did not need it for the DAT at all. Calculus is NOT on the DAT---only pre-calculus. You will encounter your basic algebraic manipulations, most likely in fraction form. Also, you need to know geometry, particularly triangles and circles. Know applied mathematics (word problems) such as age, coins, distance, and percent increase/decrease, and simple interest rates. Maybe look over permutations in statistics, but not too much. Mainly for statistics know how to find the probability of an event occuring (what is the probabiity of grabbing two red marbles out of a bucket of three yellow and two red marbles---that type of question). Know trigonometry and how to manipulate the basic identities. Know SOHCAHTOA like the back of your hand. For more information, try and get your hands on the scope of the DAT, which can be found on the ADA webpage.