Army MAVNI Reserve to HSPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS99044

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am enlisting as MAVNI reserve and had question that can I switch to HSPS scholarship or not?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You may apply for the HPSP if you are U.S citizen. In addition, to be eligible for the 4 year, you'll have to apply for it the same time you apply for dental school. In the case of the 3 year scholarship, you'll apply for it the fall of your d1 year, sometime in October I believe.

Forgot to mention, if you have any obligations to the Army, you'll have to serve those terms before you can be commissioned into this program like, ROTC or reserve. In that case, you'll need permission.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
After enlisting I will have citizenship and my program is just for 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have heard stories of people who have current contracts getting a conditional release to do HPSP. The release , as I have read, needs to be approved by the Surgeon General.

I have heard stories of people who have current contracts getting a conditional release to do HPSP. The release , as I have read, needs to be approved by the Surgeon General.

Not no but hell no. TSG has nothing to do with this process. The member must solicit the release through the enlisted personnel channels at HRC. Of note, they must have their citizenship and a security clearance in order for them to be eligible to compete for the scholarship. Then they must go before the selection board just like everyone else.

Not no but hell no. TSG has nothing to do with this process. The member must solicit the release through the enlisted personnel channels at HRC. Of note, they must have their citizenship and a security clearance in order for them to be eligible to compete for the scholarship. Then they must go before the selection board just like everyone else.
Oh ok, thank you for clarifying that. These rumors are all over the place , I myself am planning to do this before applying to med school next year.