Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Maximum Characters for AACOMAS Personal Statement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by scubadiva, May 23, 2001.

1. scubadiva

scubadiva postwhore
    7+ Year Member

I have been searching the AACOM website to find out what the maximum number of characters for the personal statement. If anyone knows, could you please let me know? I would hate to have revised my personal statement only to find out that it doesn't fit?

2. wsu

wsu Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

it is maxium 2000 characters on the online application but you can also download the instructions manual from aacom.org

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What I did last year was held on the "A" button until it allowed me to continue with the application.... I went back to the page, highlighted the A's and pasted it on word.

This gave me a backbone on the maximum character.... last year, the declared 2000 characters but really only allowed approx 1500.... That was my experience though.... That was early on in the application so there were still bugs with the system....

Try that.... long winded but it worked.... :D

4. melancholy

melancholy 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Popoy- haha.. that's a cool method of figuring out the max character limit for the personal statement! I probably would've done something like that as well.. nice thinking!

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  6. GDubDO

GDubDO Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Popoy,
    I had the same experience with last year's online app. Hopefully they've worked out the bugs...

7. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I held down the "A" button.

Eventually it gave me an error that said:

[/b]"Please limit your reponse for Personal Statement to 325 words--approximately 2000 characters."

When I cut and pasted the text to Microsoft Word, it counted 2,003 chracters.

So...for you long winded people, you can add one more "and", "but", or "the" into your personal statement.

Good luck.

8. scubadiva

scubadiva postwhore
    7+ Year Member

Thanks a bunch!!!!! Great idea - you guys saved me some of the frustration that goes with writing my personal statement! :)