May 15 Deadline???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruinForLife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's the situation. I have already been accepted to a few schools but I am waiting for a decision from my top choice. I haven't been waitlisted, accepted, or rejected from said top choice. If my top choice accepts me after the May 15 deadline, will I be able to accept their offer and decline the other?????

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Accept one school and drop all the others by May 15th. If you receive another acceptance after May 15, you can drop the old acceptance to go with the new acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Accept one school and drop all the others by May 15th. If you receive another acceptance after May 15, you can drop the old acceptance to go with the new acceptance.
This is what I've known for some time, but I'm curious about how exactly this is enforced, and who is doing the enforcing.

Insights, anyone?

This is what I've known for some time, but I'm curious about how exactly this is enforced, and who is doing the enforcing.

Insights, anyone?

By May 15th, all schools should be able to see where you've been accepted or waitlisted. If you continue to hold multiple acceptances, those schools will know and you can expect them to contact you with an ultimatum.

By May 15th, all schools should be able to see where you've been accepted or waitlisted. If you continue to hold multiple acceptances, those schools will know and you can expect them to contact you with an ultimatum.

+1 Some schools will even rescind your acceptance if you continue to hold multiple acceptances.