May 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

india45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clarification for May 15:

Can you hold more than one acceptance? My understanding was that you can but you would lose the deposit ($100) on whatever institution you choose to not go to or do. OR do you have to withdraw your acceptance and ONLY be enrolled into one medical at the time and remain on any waitlists that you may be on?

Members don't see this ad.

Can you hold more than one acceptance? My understanding was that you can but you would lose the deposit ($100) on whatever institution you choose to not go to or do. OR do you have towithdraw your acceptance and ONLY be enrolled into one medical at the time and remain on any waitlists that you may be on?
Officially you can only hold one acceptance by May 15th. After that date if a school sees that you posses multiples they can unilaterally rescind their offer. Don't play Russian Roulette with your future: Withdraw from all but one school acceptance and remain on any waitlists that you may be on.

Can you hold more than one acceptance? My understanding was that you can but you would lose the deposit ($100) on whatever institution you choose to not go to or do. OR do you have to withdraw your acceptance and ONLY be enrolled into one medical at the time and remain on any waitlists that you may be on?

No, you can't hold on to more than one acceptance. If you do, all the schools where you have been admitted will have the right to rescind your acceptance for violating AAMC traffic rules. However, you can hold on to as many waitlists as you want.

Are you waiting to hear about financial aid or something? If it's something like that and you absolutely have to hold multiple acceptances after that date let the schools know what is holding up the decision, otherwise that deadline is there for a reason and you need to make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.