SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

May 15th deadline and those who got off waitlists

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by EBI831, May 16, 2007.

1. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making 7+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Chi-town royalty
    Hey all, just wondering...i did everything right and withdrew and only held one acceptance on may 15th. however, i was on 2 waiting lists. i got off one yesterday and i hope to get off the other (wishful thinking i know) just wondering what the protocol is ie how long we have to decide between the two as i will have to call and see if there will be any financial incentive (seeing as i didn't do fafsa for these schools, i wasn't accepted initially but rather off the waitlist, and the school i'm already going to gave me a substantial financial award) to attend the post-may 15th acceptance schools. just wondering, if there is a timeframe before i break amcas rules and forfeit acceptances. thanks and good luck to all the rest of you waitlist hopefuls!!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    Its schools specific at this point - call the schools and let them know and find out when they want you to tell them by.

4. bbabul01

bbabul01 5+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Boston
    Your timeframe from the school you got off the waitlist for should have been stipulated in the letter/email/phone call. Earlier in the process it's often 2 weeks, later on it can be as short as 1 day. You should talk to all your schools to find out their timeframes, and see if fin aid can be pushed along so you can make a more informed decision. Make sure to get your FAFSA and required forms in ASAP so you can make a decision based on aid.

5. melissainsd

melissainsd 2+ Year Member

Nov 2, 2006
    If you receive a merit scholarship do you still need to complete FASFA? The website only works transiently on my Mac and I really don’t want to enter all my info at a school comp.

6. bbabul01

bbabul01 5+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Boston
    School specific question. Call them. But you probably won't need to. Also, get Firefox for your Mac.

7. melissainsd

melissainsd 2+ Year Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Thanks, will do.

8. Mastac741

Mastac741 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 6, 2005
    This May 15th date was pretty anticlimactic - Only a dozen SDNers were accepted yesterday + today.

9. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!! 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    make that 13. i learned to accept myself and all my weaknesses.