Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

May 15th deadline and those who got off waitlists

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by EBI831, May 16, 2007.

1. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey all, just wondering...i did everything right and withdrew and only held one acceptance on may 15th. however, i was on 2 waiting lists. i got off one yesterday and i hope to get off the other (wishful thinking i know) just wondering what the protocol is ie how long we have to decide between the two as i will have to call and see if there will be any financial incentive (seeing as i didn't do fafsa for these schools, i wasn't accepted initially but rather off the waitlist, and the school i'm already going to gave me a substantial financial award) to attend the post-may 15th acceptance schools. just wondering, if there is a timeframe before i break amcas rules and forfeit acceptances. thanks and good luck to all the rest of you waitlist hopefuls!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Its schools specific at this point - call the schools and let them know and find out when they want you to tell them by.

4. bbabul01

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your timeframe from the school you got off the waitlist for should have been stipulated in the letter/email/phone call. Earlier in the process it's often 2 weeks, later on it can be as short as 1 day. You should talk to all your schools to find out their timeframes, and see if fin aid can be pushed along so you can make a more informed decision. Make sure to get your FAFSA and required forms in ASAP so you can make a decision based on aid.

5. melissainsd

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you receive a merit scholarship do you still need to complete FASFA? The website only works transiently on my Mac and I really don’t want to enter all my info at a school comp.

6. bbabul01

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    School specific question. Call them. But you probably won't need to. Also, get Firefox for your Mac.

7. melissainsd

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks, will do.

8. Mastac741

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This May 15th date was pretty anticlimactic - Only a dozen SDNers were accepted yesterday + today.

9. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!!
    2+ Year Member

make that 13. i learned to accept myself and all my weaknesses.