May 15th deadline and those who got off waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EBI831

legend in the making
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering...i did everything right and withdrew and only held one acceptance on may 15th. however, i was on 2 waiting lists. i got off one yesterday and i hope to get off the other (wishful thinking i know) just wondering what the protocol is ie how long we have to decide between the two as i will have to call and see if there will be any financial incentive (seeing as i didn't do fafsa for these schools, i wasn't accepted initially but rather off the waitlist, and the school i'm already going to gave me a substantial financial award) to attend the post-may 15th acceptance schools. just wondering, if there is a timeframe before i break amcas rules and forfeit acceptances. thanks and good luck to all the rest of you waitlist hopefuls!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, just wondering...i did everything right and withdrew and only held one acceptance on may 15th. however, i was on 2 waiting lists. i got off one yesterday and i hope to get off the other (wishful thinking i know) just wondering what the protocol is ie how long we have to decide between the two as i will have to call and see if there will be any financial incentive (seeing as i didn't do fafsa for these schools, i wasn't accepted initially but rather off the waitlist, and the school i'm already going to gave me a substantial financial award) to attend the post-may 15th acceptance schools. just wondering, if there is a timeframe before i break amcas rules and forfeit acceptances. thanks and good luck to all the rest of you waitlist hopefuls!!!

Its schools specific at this point - call the schools and let them know and find out when they want you to tell them by.

Your timeframe from the school you got off the waitlist for should have been stipulated in the letter/email/phone call. Earlier in the process it's often 2 weeks, later on it can be as short as 1 day. You should talk to all your schools to find out their timeframes, and see if fin aid can be pushed along so you can make a more informed decision. Make sure to get your FAFSA and required forms in ASAP so you can make a decision based on aid.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you receive a merit scholarship do you still need to complete FASFA? The website only works transiently on my Mac and I really don’t want to enter all my info at a school comp.

If you receive a merit scholarship do you still need to complete FASFA? The website only works transiently on my Mac and I really don’t want to enter all my info at a school comp.

School specific question. Call them. But you probably won't need to. Also, get Firefox for your Mac.