May 15th decision policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorsniper17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, with the deadline coming up, I was curious regarding what happens if I were to receive another acceptance sometime between now and Saturday. I'm currently holding just one acceptance but if I get another call between now and the 15th, do I have to make the decision by then because I want to revisit a couple schools depending on where else I hear from?

I think I remember hearing you have two weeks after the 15th, so I'd almost rather not hear anything until after then.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will probably give you a week or so to decide.

Yup, I think most schools usually say about a week. If you get in before May 15th someplace else, you'd need to contact your first school and tell them you're making a decision given the option changes. Remember, May 15th is a policy, not a set rule. Most schools would be understanding of a situation like that. Or, alternatively, if you're waiting on a financial aid offer from another school.

But, after May 15th, once waitlists start moving...I think the general rule of thumb is 1 week decision time once you have been placed in a class off the waitlist. Most medical schools start in 3 months or less! We're close guys.....

Members don't see this ad :)
For the May 15th deadline, I know we have to withdraw from all the schools we are not attending. But do we have to send the one school and email saying that we would like to hold the acceptance/or will be going there?

For the May 15th deadline, I know we have to withdraw from all the schools we are not attending. But do we have to send the one school and email saying that we would like to hold the acceptance/or will be going there?

Nope. That's implied.

Status
Not open for further replies.