May 15th exception

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissMedicine

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an acceptance from school x (May 6th). The letter gives me two weeks to decide. Does this mean I can hold two acceptances until May 20th to make up my mind. Would I have to forewarn school Y that I am holding multiple acceptances a little longer because I got a recent acceptance from school x.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the other school involved.

I think those are form letters and they are the same regardless of what point during the admissions cycle they are sent out. So I would say you really only have till the 15th to decide. Hopefully it isn't such a difficult decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Radioflyer:
•I think those are form letters and they are the same regardless of what point during the admissions cycle they are sent out. So I would say you really only have till the 15th to decide. Hopefully it isn't such a difficult decision.•••••I highly doubt it. If they write we'll give you two weeks, they wouldn't write it unless they meant it.

I concur with the form letter and if you doubted it...why ask? It really doesn't matter though, the school you need to be concerned about is the one that didn't contact you recently.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by none:
•I concur with the form letter and if you doubted it...why ask? It really doesn't matter though, the school you need to be concerned about is the one that didn't contact you recently.•••••Right, my concern was the one that didnt contact me recently. I am sure my recent acceptance intended on giving me two weeks. And besides, any acceptance given out BEFORE May 15th (even if it is May 14th) must be given at least a 2 week deciding period according to AMCAS