May 15th holding onto waitlists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...

Is the date still May 15th this year for letting all schools know that you are only accepting one school.

Also, as of may 15th, do all schools SEE all the waitlists you are CURRENTLY HOLDING? Or do they see EVERY SINGLE DECISION made on your application?

Since I am waitlisted at papi smurfs school of love making for the male companion, but i am withdrawing befoer may 15th...and I want to stay on teh waitlist of doctora foxy's coven of love, will doctora foxy be able to see that I was on papi's waitlist? Cuz then she might get the wrong idea and think taht I was interested in the "male companion" where in reality I just wanted to get into ANY school that would take me :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

From what I hear May 15th is still the big day. After that schools will see if you have multiple acceptances and will be mad if you are holding more than one. They will make you choose very quickly and can threaten to take away your acceptance. So, dropping all but one would be a very good more.

As for if they see what waitlists you are on, that is a very good question. If they do, then do you suppose the schools that you are waitlisted at talk to each other? That would be pretty frightening.

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who is only holding one acceptance right now and has dropped their other ones. I withdrew from my other school and am only holding Maryland, in addition to dropping the waitlists that I would not take, and I appreciate everyone who has narrowed down their choices so that the rest of us do not have to wait as long! You are great!!! And a plea to those who are just holding multiple acceptances, please make your decisions as quickly as you are able to. There are many people out there who have not gotten into medical school yet at all who are absolutely dying to get in off of a waitlist which cannot move until people withdraw. There are also the rest of us who are waiting to see if we get off lists, and cannot plan where we will be living until we hear. Thanks again, and congrats to everyone with the oppotunities to make these great decisions.

It's too bad that the AMCAS problems this cycle caused so many delays in the application process. I know a bunch of people who are still holding multiple acceptances because they're waiting on financial aid packages, most of which would typically already be awarded at this time of year.

Anyway, I second your gratitude for people only holding one acceptance. I'm on the waitlist at my first choice, and waitlist movement depends on people withdrawing from the school. Thanks for being so considerate!

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Scooby Doo:

Since I am waitlisted at papi smurfs school of love making...and I want to stay on teh waitlist of doctora foxy's coven of love, will doctora foxy be able to see that I was on papi's waitlist? Cuz then she might get the wrong idea and think taht I was interested in the "male companion" where in reality I just wanted to get into ANY school that would take me :wink: •••••Waitlisted??? Dude, sorry to break it to you, but we rejected your ass pre-secondary! Unlike other schools, we don't just screen based on numbers. We actually read the letters of rec, and well, yours had some serious problems. Various male professors complained about your predisposition to impotency, err, incompetency. :wink: :D Not only that, they said that you didn't have the pre-requisite stamina or endurance that is required of applicants. They went on to complain about your history of pre-maturely ejecting out answers at the most inopportune times. Oh BTW, we're merging with Dr. Foxy's Coven of Love, so if you actually are on a waitlist there (hard to believe given the impotency, stamina, & endurance issues outlined above) expect your rejection letter to come soon. Don't worry, there's still Trek's School of the Wannabe Hermaphrodites. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors!

Sincerely,
Papi Smurf & Doctora Foxy

•••quote:•••Originally posted by ValleyGal:
•From what I hear May 15th is still the big day. After that schools will see if you have multiple acceptances and will be mad if you are holding more than one. They will make you choose very quickly and can threaten to take away your acceptance. So, dropping all but one would be a very good more.

As for if they see what waitlists you are on, that is a very good question. If they do, then do you suppose the schools that you are waitlisted at talk to each other? That would be pretty frightening.

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who is only holding one acceptance right now and has dropped their other ones. I withdrew from my other school and am only holding Maryland, in addition to dropping the waitlists that I would not take, and I appreciate everyone who has narrowed down their choices so that the rest of us do not have to wait as long! You are great!!! And a plea to those who are just holding multiple acceptances, please make your decisions as quickly as you are able to. There are many people out there who have not gotten into medical school yet at all who are absolutely dying to get in off of a waitlist which cannot move until people withdraw. There are also the rest of us who are waiting to see if we get off lists, and cannot plan where we will be living until we hear. Thanks again, and congrats to everyone with the oppotunities to make these great decisions.•••••Yes, I second ValleyGal. It is SELFISH to hold onto multiple acceptances especially if you know you will not go to some of those schools. I don't care how much money or effort you've spent on this process, don't hurt other people's chances by holding onto an acceptance you care not for!

From my understanding, no schools know where you've been waitlisted at. In fact, I think I saw a thread a few days ago where someone said something to that extent.

OK, never mind about what I wrote. I am sooo misinformed. Time for me to look elsewhere.

Schools DO know the status of your application at all other schools by about April 15th. This information is released to them by AMCAS.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by Scooby Doo:

Since I am waitlisted at papi smurfs school of love making...and I want to stay on teh waitlist of doctora foxy's coven of love, will doctora foxy be able to see that I was on papi's waitlist? Cuz then she might get the wrong idea and think taht I was interested in the "male companion" where in reality I just wanted to get into ANY school that would take me :wink: •••••Waitlisted??? Dude, sorry to break it to you, but we rejected your ass pre-secondary! Unlike other schools, we don't just screen based on numbers. We actually read the letters of rec, and well, yours had some serious problems. Various male professors complained about your predisposition to impotency, err, incompetency. :wink: :D Not only that, they said that you didn't have the pre-requisite stamina or endurance that is required of applicants. They went on to complain about your history of pre-maturely ejecting out answers at the most inopportune times. Oh BTW, we're merging with Dr. Foxy's Coven of Love, so if you actually are on a waitlist there (hard to believe given the impotency, stamina, & endurance issues outlined above) expect your rejection letter to come soon. Don't worry, there's still Trek's School of the Wannabe Hermaphrodites. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors!

Sincerely,
Papi Smurf & Doctora Foxy•••••LMAO!! :D That has got to be one of the wittiest posts ever. Of course, it had to come from my Papi.
Cane (a.k.a. Papa's girl)

Yes Cane...but look at who set it up :)

My God, the debauchery here.... this is beginning to seem like all of you want to start up an orgy. you got Papi's bitch, Scooby's bitch, Dra Foxy's always been in this mix, and now Canes2006 even wants to slide her thang in there. the sweat, the rubbing of 500-600 pounds of flesh all in one stank room. yuck. *closing the door*

Cavey,
You are just jealous that you can't partake in the "festivities". We have a good even number here, so you're gonna have to convince Papi's bitch and Scoob's bitch to let you in.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by CANES2006:
•Cavey,
You are just jealous that you can't partake in the "festivities". We have a good even number here, so you're gonna have to convince Papi's bitch and Scoob's bitch to let you in.•••••haha. I'm out. Caveman's in. Don't worry, Trek will be along in a few hours to relieve you of your shift. Right, Trek? :wink:

Thanks for the useful post. I'm holding on to two acceptances right now, but am waiting for more information before I can decide. However, I'm also on two waitlists (Georgetown and Rochester) that I decided I don't want to go to if accepted, and I'm going to take myself off of those lists later today. I'm all for trying to speed up the process for the good of all. I hope everyone else will be considerate to their fellow applicants as well, especially because my top choice is a school I'm waitlisted at.

As far as the AAMC/AMCAS sening out the lists on May 15th--

Our luck, this'll actually be one deadline they meet! :D

I am curious if you all think it is appropriate to write letters to more than one school you are wait listed at...not letters of intent per se, but strong letters stating continued interest in more than one school.

Dr. L--69 posts!

What two acceptances are you considering? I thought you were just considering 1 + 1 wait list? PM me if I am wrong.

DEfinitely write letters!! Tell them how interested you are, because that is true! Just don't make it a letter of intent and you will be fine. I think that writing letters is very important because it shows continued interest!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Resident Alien:
•Schools DO know the status of your application at all other schools by about April 15th. This information is released to them by AMCAS.•••••resident alien, do you know this for sure? are you sure about this? thanks.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by ValleyGal:
•DEfinitely write letters!! Tell them how interested you are, because that is true! Just don't make it a letter of intent and you will be fine. I think that writing letters is very important because it shows continued interest!•••••I agree with ValleyGal. Scooby, try writing a strong letter of intent to my coven's admissions committee. Is you persuade me enough with your talents, I might be able to let you slide on in to the class of 2006. :wink:

Who wants to go to the aamc website and actually look up the definite answer to the question? If you do, be sure to link us when you find it! :D