SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

May 15th is right around the corner!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Mango, May 4, 2000.

1. Mango

Mango Very Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 30, 2000
    HELP! I'm trying to decide between Ohio State and Wright State. Any help is appreciated. Just to give you some background into my situation, I'm from Columbus, but would need a new apartment if I went to OSU. If I go to WSU I will live Rent Free in a new apartment close to campus (long story). Also, WSU is a smaller school which I like. OSU is huge, but has a better academic reputation. AHHHHH! [​IMG]

Should I go for the better school, or the better lifestyle??? Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited 05-04-2000).]

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ryebass

Ryebass Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2000
    Keene, NH
    What I need to know is how serious or black and white is this May 15 deadline...I've heard nothing of the sort from the schools I've been accepted to?! The problem with that deadline is that one of my two schools, my first choice (BU) has yet to send me ANY fina id info...no award letters nada...so I have no clue if I can pay for it...how can I decide if I don't have this vital info yet? Their fin office told me initial award letters would GO OUT on May 15th so that makes it all but impossible to make that choice at said time...oh well. A woman in the UMASS admissions office told me that you are allowed to carry a second backup school indefinitely but this seems to contradict everything else I've heard...so what gives?? Anyone know the truth here ?! LOL

Ryan
    BUSM '04 (praying for loans...bad credit...ouch)

4. dugan

dugan Member 10+ Year Member

May 3, 2000
    Laurel, MD, USA
    In terms of etiquette, the May 15 deadline is pretty serious (people on the waitlist, schools trying to finalize admissions, etc.). But not every school enforces the deadline in the same way. The worst thing that could happen is that you could lose your deposit. So find out how large the deposit is to see if it would hurt too much to lose it. The bottom line is that you need to call the school and ask them when the deposit becomes non-refundable. Make sure you tell them the postmark date on your acceptance letter.