May get a C in biochem, how bad will this look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stupendous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ugh, this is my semester from hell.

(1) - Fundamentals of C++
(3) - Developing Enterprise Applications
(4) - Principles of Operating Systems (my major time sink, writing an OS)
(3) - Christian Literature and Thought
(3) - Organic Chem II
(1) - Organic Chem II Lab
(3) - General Protein and General Metabolic Biochemistry

I'm taking Biochem this semester. The course is usually a 2 semester version but I'm taking the compressed into 1 semester version. I screwed up one test really bad and it looks like I'll end up with a C in the course. I'm applying for 2005. My question is did I blow my chances? Every other course is going well - all A's.

Members don't see this ad.

Well obviously it isn't going to look as good as an A or a B, but you are taking a lot of hours and some pretty tough classes it looks like. You certainly aren't the first person every to make a C in biochem. If everything else is an A you will still have a pretty nice GPA for the semester overall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, you should be fine. Any other Cs on your transcript? (Or NPs, or WDs?)

Stupendous said:
Ugh, this is my semester from hell.

(1) - Fundamentals of C++
(3) - Developing Enterprise Applications
(4) - Principles of Operating Systems (my major time sink, writing an OS)
(3) - Christian Literature and Thought
(3) - Organic Chem II
(1) - Organic Chem II Lab
(3) - General Protein and General Metabolic Biochemistry

I'm taking Biochem this semester. The course is usually a 2 semester version but I'm taking the compressed into 1 semester version. I screwed up one test really bad and it looks like I'll end up with a C in the course. I'm applying for 2005. My question is did I blow my chances? Every other course is going well - all A's.

I like how the semester from hell has "christian literature and thought" in it.

Blade28 has a point. One C alone (in biochem to boot!) isn't going to hurt. A string of them might. But if you're getting straight As in all those hard engineering-sounding courses, it doesn't seem like that would be the case.

a C wont make too much of a difference when it comes to a school deciding whether or not to accept. there have been many people on sdn that have had multiple Cs and still gain acceptances to good med schools.

dont stress over the C and just focus on surviving that workload!
good luck :)