1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Maybe I am stupid, lol.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by WannabeOrtho, Jul 31, 2006.

1. WannabeOrtho

WannabeOrtho Surgery Go'er
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Once in medical school after you have got "in". Does the school not tell you what books you should read, and such? Does it not help at all? By reading some of these posts on which books are good for 3rd year med students, and such, does your school not tell you?

Does anyone have a link/links to answers for "beginner" wanna-be medical students? I mean clear down to the basics, of what these terms are, and such, even down to what you do in residency, or examples of what you do in medical school. Everything from the life of medical school, to the work once in, and the "terms, or vocabulary" of the stuff.

maybe I am stupid, but it seems some of you have ready every book in the world regarding medical school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Taus

Taus .
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    thats a lot to ask....a good place to start could be someones blog that they wrote along the journey such as this... http://www.pandabearmd.blogspot.com/

also...check out the FAQ sections at the top of the individual forums that you're interested in

4. BMW19

BMW19 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/bookstore/shop.php?c=books&n=1000&i=0312330081&x=Med_School_Confidential_A_Complete_Guide_to_the_Medical_School_Experience_By_Students_for_Students

Try this....

B-

5. WannabeOrtho

2+ Year Member

That blog is awesome! Thank you very much, Taus. It's very good, and very informative, and very well newbie friendly. Does anyone have anymore like this?

6. Krazykritter

Krazykritter Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wannabe,

I noticed in earlier posts that you said that you either haven't or just graduated HIGH SCHOOL. It is great that you know you want to go into medicine, BUT concentrate on going to a good college w/ a good pre-med program that you can some great recommendations from.

First of all, have fun in college...It is seriously the best time of your life (except playing Friday night football under the lights in high school). Take classes that you enjoy in college, volunteer, research (if you like it), & prepare yourself for medical school.

I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have as, I too, knew that medicine was the field I wanted to go into from even earlier than high school. PM me if you have any specific questions.

7. WannabeOrtho

2+ Year Member

I wish to delete this.

8. chadderdo21

chadderdo21 One day at a time!
    5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I don't read my books, don't have time, all you need is the notes and other students. Get the Board Review Series and some the High Yields, wish to know more, pm me.

9. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    Don't buy any textbooks for medical school other than for lab manuals and board review books.

There is your advice.