Maybe someone in the dental field can help me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vike56

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a member of a different forum, so I figured I would ask a question about my teeth here.
So I have one tooth that really sticks out and I am extremely self conscious about it. I've been to an orthodontist and he says I would not be able to get Invisilign. So I've been thinking..why can't they pull out that one tooth and replace it? I know one friend who got into a serious fight and ended up losing a tooth and got it replaced. I've talked to my dentist and he is against this idea which I can completely understand. But if I am willing to pay for this, then I'm not understanding the issue besides "it's a bad idea". Can someone explain this? I just think about the fact that people can do plastic surgeries and no one bats an eye. But pulling out one tooth is apparently the worst thing ever. It's gotten to the point where I actually want to someone pull this tooth out myself if no one else will do it (a little extra but you get what I mean) any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a second and even a third opinion from a real dentist.
There is such a thing as instant orthodontics, when the shape of the teeth modified by crowns or veneers

Status
Not open for further replies.