Mayo Bone and Soft Tissue pathology fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the fellowship? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know from talking to Dr. Folpe at the USCAP meeting that the first opening is in 2013.

One of my friends did it and she seemed pretty happy with it. Andrew Folpe is on a quick rise to stardom, so he would be a good name to train with. He was trained by Dr. Weiss and she speaks highly of him.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends did it and she seemed pretty happy with it. Andrew Folpe is on a quick rise to stardom, so he would be a good name to train with. He was trained by Dr. Weiss and she speaks highly of him.

Is Unni dead and gone?

KU is "retired" but he is doing private practice. Folpe, Inwards, Nascimento, and Oliveira. Excellent group and they see a ton of consults.

Folpe also mentioned high "interesting case" to scut ratio for the BST fellowship. At USCAP 2009, he had dinner with our department and sat at our table. I got to chit chat with him a little bit and he seems like a genuinely nice guy with a pretty good sense of humor; both qualities that you want in an attending if you are gonna be working extensively with them for 1-2 years.

I know from talking to Dr. Folpe at the USCAP meeting that the first opening is in 2013.

So Dr. Folpe has already picked fellow(s) for 2012?

So Dr. Folpe has already picked fellow(s) for 2012?

That's what he told me. First opening in 2013. Are you planning on staying in academia? If not, I probably wouldn't consider this fellowship.

Folpe is speaking tomorrow morning here in Indy. If feasible I'll ask him about fellowships.

That's what he told me. First opening in 2013. Are you planning on staying in academia? If not, I probably wouldn't consider this fellowship.

Wow, is this competitive fellowship?

I am not 100% sure what I am going to do but kinda prefer to stay in academic world.