Jive Turkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
What kind of #'s do you need to get into the Mayo and Cleveland Clinic, and UMich IM programs?

Any comments (even heresay info) would be appreciated.

About the Ads

abu barney

resident revolutionary
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Status
Yes, Cleveland Clinic does accept quite a few IMGs. There are a couple of students from my school there. What I do hear that Cleveland Clinic isn't that great a program (the case western programs are better), and that it's mainly dependent on the clinic's reputation. You can get a phat cardio fellowship afterwards, though.

Cleveland has a reputation of signing a lot of their residents out-of-match, but that'll end pretty soon...

smallville

15+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm a 4th yr about to start this whole ERAS process and am interested in cleveland clinic, but my main question is with a score on the usmle step one of low 80s, where types of programs will I be competitive too?

It's hard to figure out where you stand and which programs one has a shot at getting into. Obviously, I've taken myself out of contention at the big name places, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Smallville

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads