Mayo interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nike

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after your interview did you hear back from them? I'm getting impatient! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard in 6 weeks. I think thats the normal time they take.

Good luck!

thesaug

I interviewed in mid-late september and have been waiting ever since. I guess they only send out a few a month, so there's still hope. It's tough waiting, seeing as it's my #1 choice. Grrr.........

Members don't see this ad :)
pud129 has me beat, I interviewed mid-October and still waiting for good news. Although the ranking and hold e-mails, which is probably what you're asking about, came about 3 and 6 weeks after the interview. Post back if anyone has more info.

Does anyone know if acceptances come in an email or phone call? So far, emails from Mayo have been good news, but I was wondering if they called you with an acceptance since there are so few of them each time. Anyone know?

Just be yourself. The interview was very laid back and you get a good tour (if you actually go on it) of Mayo Clinic. It is truly an amazing place you will enjoy it. Good luck!

So, I finally received a post-interview email from Mayo after interviewing there in early December that included the following:

The Admissions Committee recently reviewed and discussed your application. Your committee rank has been determined and will be considered when appointments are made to the class entering in 2004. We will continue to update you with any activity taken on your application.

So, when are appointments made? Is this what they send to everybody? Does this mean I wasn't accepted initially but am on hold for a possible spot later?

Originally posted by Nike

So, when are appointments made? Is this what they send to everybody? Does this mean I wasn't accepted initially but am on hold for a possible spot later?

Appointments are made about once each month. This is what they send to everyone they haven't rejected. Yes, you are on hold for a possible spot later.

Thanks mpp. I got one more question for ya . . . how many people on hold end up getting acceptances?

Difficult to say...but it seems that many in my class were accepted after being on hold (although many interviewed quite early). They usually offer a total of 80-100 appointments to fill the class of 42. They will be interviewing through the beginning of March.