Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Mayo Medical School Information

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Scooby Doo, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

I talked to an EXTREMELY nice lady this morning from Mayo. She told me NOT to send the primary AMCAS printouts to them b/c they will only go off verified applications from AMCAS. She told me that if your application has been verified, you will be informed shortly from Mayo (like 3 weeks or so).
    Next Teusday, she said they will begin electronically downloading applications from AMCAS, and they will then contact us via mail or email.
    At that point, it will cost $60 to "complete" your application. If you pay, and they like you - you will then have a "secondary phone interview"...if you pass that, you will then have an actual interview at Mayo.
    Just so you guys know...best of luck.

2. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Correction (unless this year's protocol is different than every other year): Not everyone who pays the $60 fee gets a phone interview. Everyone pays the fee (no screening before that), and a very small number of people receive phone interviews. A siginificant number of phone interviewees are interviewed in Rochester, though.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

If you re-read my post you see that is what I said...
    I said it takes $60 to COMPLETE your application..at that point..if you pay AND they like you..then you can get a phone interview...

4. have you like lived or visited Rochester, Minnesota?

i can assure you Mayo is a great school, but Rochester is not Berkeley, California....I can assure you, this school won't be on the top of your "favorite list"

5. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I've lived in Rochester my whole life. Certainly, Rochester is not Berkeley, but it's a nice place to live. It's really quiet and safe. Minneapolis is only an hour away. The medical community is vast and prestigious. Although there is no university in Rochester, there are many people of med school age. The Clinic employs thousands of allied health personnel, many of whom are in their twenties. Also, Mayo has grad school programs in the health sciences, so there are many nursing and med tech students, as well as basic science grad students in a variety of disciplines. Thus, the number of med-school age people rivals that of any other small med school.