Mayo Medical School Secondary: Phone Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, according to MSAR.

So, any Mayo students out there (or previous applicants) who can give us an idea of what to expect?

Members don't see this ad.

bump..pls respond!

You get 30 minutes with 25 questions. The reader will not explain questions but will repeat them. This is in lieu of a secondary. If you survive this round, you get the real interview down at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN

They mostly ask you general questions, what you think about issues related to medicine, and how they might relate to your life. Some questions I got were along the lines of "what would you tell a patient who refused to follow your advice" or "would you ever give up on a patient?" The questions are often yes or no, and if they are you should first answer yes or no and then give follow up information only if asked. It's very strange and I really didn't like it, but I did get an interview on campus in Rochester (of course I didn't get accepted :( ) At the end of the interview, at least they ask you if you felt it had provided a good representation of who you are, and what you thought about the interview.