booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
Someone like chandelantern or sequencer would be great help here.

Any idea where to send checks or who to make them out to? Since we're still lacking that info, I wonder if they will contact us?

govikings10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
booswim542 said:
Someone like chandelantern or sequencer would be great help here.

Any idea where to send checks or who to make them out to? Since we're still lacking that info, I wonder if they will contact us?
I sent them an email and they gave me the address to send the money to.

govikings10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Oh yah, if you want it just send me a PM.

snobored18

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2005
Status
Medical Student
booswim542 said:
I was just looking at Mayo's website. Are we supposed to wait to hear from them, or are we supposed to go ahead and send in the $75 application processing fee?

Here's the link, go look and tell me what you all think.

http://www.mayo.edu/mms/md-application-process.html
Unless things changed this year, the admissions office will request the fee once they do their initial review and offer you a phone interview. You should get a packet in the mail with a cover letter for your referees indicating you waived your right to the letter, they also asked for the $75 bucks at this point (they include a return envelope for the check). If you are really that concerned I would just e-mail Jane Satre in the admissions office to see how they are doing it this year.

govikings10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
snobored18 said:
Unless things changed this year, the admissions office will request the fee once they do their initial review and offer you a phone interview. You should get a packet in the mail with a cover letter for your referees indicating you waived your right to the letter, they also asked for the $75 bucks at this point (they include a return envelope for the check). If you are really that concerned I would just e-mail Jane Satre in the admissions office to see how they are doing it this year.
If that's the case, oops. I guess they'll get my money early. The applications part of the website is kind of confusing, but I hope this doesn't set me off on a bad foot.

OP
booswim542

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
I think I may just send it too though. I mean, I don't want to hold anything up by not sending....they will just see that we are on top of things and we really care about getting things done!

Right?

I'm sure it's not a big deal either way. We really over analyze things here anyway.

chandelantern

MSI at Mayo in August!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
Status
Hey everyone,

Last year Mayo requested the money to be sent to them, however it was prior to the screening for the phone interview or the request for letters of rec. According to my data sheet, I received the request for $$ on 7/14, sent it in on 7/15 and received a phone interview offer the first week of August (set up for a couple weeks later.) Hope this helps!

If you have any concerns (if you have been verified with AMCAS for over a couple weeks and still haven't heard anything) call the office because they are very nice and helpful in there (although I think Jane, one of the main admissions ladies is out of the office and will be back this next week.)