Mayo- Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kifaru

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone with info on the pain fellowship at Mayo clinic in Rochester?
How interventional is it?
How are the attendings and how is the teaching?
How is the expirience of living in Rochester?
Where does it rank compared to other top programs?

Thanks a bunch

Kifaru

Members don't see this ad.

Strong program from what I could see as a resident. Attendings are good, not much scut. I believe call was reasonable. They were doing all the typical procedures but no discos; I believe they were doing stims. Get around 1000 procedures from what a recent grad said. They favor anesthesia applicants because of political bs that went on a few years ago between the anesthesia-pain dept head and the PMR dept head.

Life in the cRoch is a little rough, but its just a year. Damn cold winters, not a ton of night life, gotta go to Minneapolis for any big city draws (1:15 drive). If you like hockey, cross-country skiing, and having your eyeballs freeze to your skull while walking to the clinic on January mornings, its great. OK, that's a little dramatic - its actually a nice small family-oriented town. Pretty cool place to be in terms of rubbing elbows with big wigs in a lot of different fields.

Members don't see this ad :)
I take it you ordered extra rare steak and he was grossed by it? ......or is he vegeterian?:rolleyes:

1000 procedures as a fellow --- seriously doubt it - that means they are averaging >4 procedures per day, every day of the week, every week of the month, every month of the year without vacation...

1000 procedures as a fellow --- seriously doubt it - that means they are averaging >4 procedures per day, every day of the week, every week of the month, every month of the year without vacation...

I dunno, just what I was told. 20 procedures a week for 50 weeks isn't totally unreasonable. They do about a dozen procedures per day when they are in the procedure suite. When you average it out, they are probably injecting about half the time.

If the alleged pipes in on the forum, we can interrogate him.