mayo telephone interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

did they ask you guys any questions concerning your research or clinical experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

It is a standard interview, so no surprises......look at the questions in feedback section...they are all there.....

I think I messed up my telephone interview and I don't know wht my chances of getting on-site interview are ??

:( :( :(

It is my top choice and now I don't know what to do ?????

I've seen those question. but i'm wondering if they would ask questions concerning research. there are some questions that are not posted there so I was just wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
the only question i asked in addition to the ones at the top of the interview feedback thing was "how have you turned a negative situation into a positive situation recently."

CanIMakeIt said:
It is a standard interview, so no surprises......look at the questions in feedback section...they are all there.....

I think I messed up my telephone interview and I don't know wht my chances of getting on-site interview are ??

:( :( :(

It is my top choice and now I don't know what to do ?????

I thought I did pretty awful as well :( . Mine was last Monday so I guess I find out this week or next, Mayo is my first choice as well so I'm really hoping they somehow overlook the awful phone interview and invite me on-campus anyways!
Good luck to you!

ambrosia said:
I thought I did pretty awful as well :( . Mine was last Monday so I guess I find out this week or next, Mayo is my first choice as well so I'm really hoping they somehow overlook the awful phone interview and invite me on-campus anyways!
Good luck to you!

Well, to give you guys some hope, i felt the same way during my phone interview. I was floundering with a couple of questions, and felt that I really hadn't given an answer for several questions - just babbling. After it was finished, I basically told everybody that I was going to get rejected....But lo and behold, I did get an onsite interview. So try not to think about it and hope for the best. The majority of phone interviewees do get an invitation to interview onsite.

And to future interviewees, look at the old questions. Even if they throw a couple of curveballs your way, you should be able to handle it. Don't panic and just be yourself.

stupid question, but what is the website that has the Mayo telephone interview questions??

littleroo said:
Bump

Has anyone heard anything post-phone interview lately? I had mine two weeks ago and still haven't heard a thing. I'm getting pretty anxious!

Mine was two weeks ago too and I haven't heard either. They said ten days to two weeks but now that two weeks has passed, what will happen?

no news for me today. i'm hoping to hear tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, for me it's been over two weeks. They said after the phone interview it would be 10 days to two weeks. Since that "deadline" has passed, should I call them to find out what's up? maybe an email? any thoughts or should I just await the dreaded snail mail rejection

el_chavo said:
Okay, for me it's been over two weeks. They said after the phone interview it would be 10 days to two weeks. Since that "deadline" has passed, should I call them to find out what's up? maybe an email? any thoughts or should I just await the dreaded snail mail rejection

I personally would wait out a month before I would call. I think it is too quick to assume they rejected you. Maybe you are hold. They are probably busy with sifting through everyone's primaries.

GOBUCKY!

i would love it if someone would call them and ask what's going on. come on, you know you want to...

futuremsfdoc said:
i would love it if someone would call them and ask what's going on. come on, you know you want to...

:laugh:

dude, why don't you do it????

Btw, since interview season has already begun over there, they're probably busier these days. I got a response about two weeks after my letters got sent, too (which was a month after my telephone interview - how annoying). I would start getting worried in another week or two.

:thumbup: Good luck guys!

i don't want to do it cuz i'm afraid of talking to people on the phone. i'm not sure how i got through that telephone interview.

besides, i called them last week and they said that i'd hear from them sometime this week, so i dont' want to be annoying.

You are not annoying as long as you are not calling every other day...remember you paid for this process so really you should stay on top of stuff because mistaked due happen...if you are that worried just call and ask. All they can say is that you have to wait until next week...good luck and maybe we will meet when you come for your interview!

great news for me, i'm headed to rochester for an interview! :D

i haven't called and scheduled it yet, and i'll prolly sleep on it a few days and maybe try and come up for a friday interview so i can then go up to minneapolis and visit my aunt and uncle on the weekend.

I got an invite too. I'm pumped

i found out by email pretty much exactly two weeks after i was complete (which for me was two weeks after my phone interview on 8/29).

Has anybody done the telephone interview recently? I had mine earlier this month (August MCATer) & am waiting to hear back. I'm concerned because they are rolling & accept so few people.