Mayo turnaround

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ewells, Dec 21, 2001.

1. ewells

ewells Big Daddy

How long did it take Mayo to get back to you with an invitation for on-site interview/rejection once you did your phone interview?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I've heard from people that got rejections within a couple of weeks of the phone interview. The acceptances that I know of where more like a month after the interview.

I have heard that Mayo does rolling admissions and works on a standard point system giving points to each aspect of the application, each week accepting a few people with the highest points and rejecting those with the lowest points.

I have my phone interview next week and am excited to have been considered at Mayo...especially since its the only school I've heard from so far..

4. poindexter

poindexter Senior Member

I had my interview on Wednesday, and at the end, Jane told me they try and get back to people pretty quickly. She said I should hopefully hear next week.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and double-crossed.

Good Luck!

5. Dylann FMD

Dylann FMD Senior Member

I had my phone interview in early October, and heard about a week later that I got an on-site interview. I don't know about what poindexter said, cuz I had my onsite interview the first week in November and have yet to get a decision. They let me know that my application went to the committee, but from what I was told, the process is exactly as mpp said. They accept those with the points every couple weeks (but don't really reject interviewees till march/april). Even after the committee meets and aggrees on people, they still take 4 to 6 weeks to call, according to Jane. But the committee does meet every couple weeks, so maybe that is what poindexter heard. I dunno, it looks to be a discrepency.

6. poindexter

poindexter Senior Member

Just to clear up any confusion, even though this was way back on page four: I had my phone interview on the 19th, which is when Jane told me they try to make the phone interview--on-site interview turnaround time pretty fast.

As for after the on-site interview, I've heard the same thing--it can take forever.