Mayo

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by I can't think of a name, Dec 6, 2001.

1. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member

Anyone heard from Mayo since interviewing? I know that applications were supposedly going to committee at about Thanksgiving, but I was just wondering if anyone had heard any definite news yet...

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I haven't heard from Mayo since they asked for that $60 check twelve weeks ago...

4. I got a letter (email) last week from some dean thanking me for my patience and that they should be making their final decisions within two weeks to a few months :eek:

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

A question for those who've interviewed at Mayo: how long after your phone interview do they let you know whether they're inviting you for an on-site interview? Oh, and what did you think of the school?

6. I think I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back on Friday. I really liked the school. On site interview groups are really small (3 were there my day) so a lot of attention is given to interviewees. My only problem with the school is the location, but I couldn't complain other than that.

7. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member

I just wanted to congradulate all of you on your Mayo interviews...that's amazing.

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Sounds like I Can't and Nikki are the only ones who've actually interviewed....

9. autumnchai

autumnchai Member

i interviewed there in october...still haven't heard anything + or -...other than that email saying that they would be making a decision sometime between now and a long time from now...sort of an anxiety-inducing experience. good luck!

10. Rudboy3

Rudboy3 Junior Member

I also got the letter (email) last week from the dean thanking me for my patience and that a decision should be made in a few weeks and such. I am also very anxious but am excited to still be in the hunt at such a prestigious school......Hey, if we really look at the grand scheme of things, it is fairly early still.