MBA looking for a career change. PLEASE ADVISE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSchoolHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so Im pretty confident these questions have been asked before but I am having a hard time finding the threads. Anyway, here goes my story: I have a Masters in business admin (undergrad major in accounting) and have decided (soon enough I hope) that corporate america is just not for me. I am a resident of Texas and recently decided that I want to be a dentist. My question: While I have seen that some CC credits are accepted by dental schools, what about ALL pre-reqs being completed at a community college? Right now I am taking Gen Chem 2 (took Gen Chem 1 last summer term at a CC) at a CC. I had planned on going to a 4 year university this Fall but due to financial setbacks might not be able to anymore. Will taking ALL of my pre-reqs at a community college hurt my chances of getting accepted to Texas dental schools (or OOS schools) even though I already have two degrees for a 4-year university? Any help or guidance would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

OK, so Im pretty confident these questions have been asked before but I am having a hard time finding the threads. Anyway, here goes my story: I have a Masters in business admin (undergrad major in accounting) and have decided (soon enough I hope) that corporate america is just not for me. I am a resident of Texas and recently decided that I want to be a dentist. My question: While I have seen that some CC credits are accepted by dental schools, what about ALL pre-reqs being completed at a community college? Right now I am taking Gen Chem 2 (took Gen Chem 1 last summer term at a CC) at a CC. I had planned on going to a 4 year university this Fall but due to financial setbacks might not be able to anymore. Will taking ALL of my pre-reqs at a community college hurt my chances of getting accepted to Texas dental schools (or OOS schools) even though I already have two degrees for a 4-year university? Any help or guidance would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks :)
as a business undergrad who is currently pursuing dentistry, it is comforting to know that even an MBA can be as uninterested in corporate america as i am.

i have called the texas dental schools before. they are super nice and accommodating when it comes to questions. definitely just call and ask about CC credits. I think there are a lot of rumors on SDN regarding CC credits. Plus, TX dental schools will have a better idea since they will most likely be familiar with the CC you are currently enrolled in.