1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MBA looking for a career change. PLEASE ADVISE!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DSchoolHopeful, Jul 27, 2011.

1. DSchoolHopeful

Pre-Dental
    OK, so Im pretty confident these questions have been asked before but I am having a hard time finding the threads. Anyway, here goes my story: I have a Masters in business admin (undergrad major in accounting) and have decided (soon enough I hope) that corporate america is just not for me. I am a resident of Texas and recently decided that I want to be a dentist. My question: While I have seen that some CC credits are accepted by dental schools, what about ALL pre-reqs being completed at a community college? Right now I am taking Gen Chem 2 (took Gen Chem 1 last summer term at a CC) at a CC. I had planned on going to a 4 year university this Fall but due to financial setbacks might not be able to anymore. Will taking ALL of my pre-reqs at a community college hurt my chances of getting accepted to Texas dental schools (or OOS schools) even though I already have two degrees for a 4-year university? Any help or guidance would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. larryguy1960

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    as a business undergrad who is currently pursuing dentistry, it is comforting to know that even an MBA can be as uninterested in corporate america as i am.

i have called the texas dental schools before. they are super nice and accommodating when it comes to questions. definitely just call and ask about CC credits. I think there are a lot of rumors on SDN regarding CC credits. Plus, TX dental schools will have a better idea since they will most likely be familiar with the CC you are currently enrolled in.