1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MBA looking for a career change. PLEASE ADVISE!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DSchoolHopeful, Jul 27, 2011.

1. DSchoolHopeful

Pre-Dental
    OK, so Im pretty confident these questions have been asked before but I am having a hard time finding the threads. Anyway, here goes my story: I have a Masters in business admin (undergrad major in accounting) and have decided (soon enough I hope) that corporate america is just not for me. I am a resident of Texas and recently decided that I want to be a dentist. My question: While I have seen that some CC credits are accepted by dental schools, what about ALL pre-reqs being completed at a community college? Right now I am taking Gen Chem 2 (took Gen Chem 1 last summer term at a CC) at a CC. I had planned on going to a 4 year university this Fall but due to financial setbacks might not be able to anymore. Will taking ALL of my pre-reqs at a community college hurt my chances of getting accepted to Texas dental schools (or OOS schools) even though I already have two degrees for a 4-year university? Any help or guidance would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. larryguy1960

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    as a business undergrad who is currently pursuing dentistry, it is comforting to know that even an MBA can be as uninterested in corporate america as i am.

i have called the texas dental schools before. they are super nice and accommodating when it comes to questions. definitely just call and ask about CC credits. I think there are a lot of rumors on SDN regarding CC credits. Plus, TX dental schools will have a better idea since they will most likely be familiar with the CC you are currently enrolled in.