MBA prior to Med School App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novafan3000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My info is down below (waiting till January until the writing section is gone for MCAT). I was Summa Cum Laude. I am also starting an MBA program this Fall and hopefully it will be completed by matriculation for Fall of '14. How do you think the masters (graduate) classes will have an affect? Any advice? 300 hours+ shadowing, 200+ volunteering. Research for 3 semesters, coauthor on upcoming pub. No posters. Solid references.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

My info is down below (waiting till January until the writing section is gone for MCAT). I was Summa Cum Laude. I am also starting an MBA program this Fall and hopefully it will be completed by matriculation for Fall of '14. How do you think the masters (graduate) classes will have an affect? Any advice? 300 hours+ shadowing, 200+ volunteering. Research for 3 semesters, coauthor on upcoming pub. No posters. Solid references.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Depending on the MBA program, I believe that guarding your GPA is the most important at this point. In addition, continue to volunteer and gain clinical experience part-time.