MBA without GMAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigerstang

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you successfully gotten into business school with only your MCATs? I'm an MS2 with business experience, but I really (obviously) don't have time to take the GMAT. I was wondering if any of you have found schools that were okay with that...

Members don't see this ad.

I think you meant successfully gotten into business school (not medical school) in your first sentence. Just to clarify to other posters. I think not taking GMAT is specific to the school your interested in. I'd suggest you contact them as I know some medical students who only had to take the MCAT.

Yea it depends on your school. Some of them will let you substitute MCAT for GMAT if you're already in the corresponding med school, but those aren't that numerous. You'll have to check if your school is one.

Time commitment for studying for it is much less than the MCAT though. Most of my business friends did it over christmas break.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where I went to med school in KC, MO, the affiliated MBA granting University (Rockhurst University) would accept our MCAT if it we performed well in our first semester of med school (GPA >3.0)

NF

Thanks guys...anyone hear of this happening at schools other than their home school? I'm thinking of going back to the ivy league for b-school but am at a state school for medicine right now....somehow I doubt it'll pan out but doesn't hurt to ask ;)