MBBS from Univ of Mumbai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indiandoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I got my MBBS in 1999 from U of Mumbai and I am trying to find a syllabus for III MBBS at University of Mumbai and a template for how the III MBBS examination are/were conducted. Specifically , I know that we were taught and tested on neurology, dermatology and psychiatry however they are all part of medicine or atleast were par tof int medcine back in 90s.
I have been in the US for a while now working in health research and plan to move to Norway with wife in say 2 years...however the Norwegian Medical Association who evaluated my degree asked me to provide more evidence in terms of if neuro, dermat and psych ...if it was taught and if students who get an MBBS are evaluated for knowledge in those subjects.
I was hoping that the U of Bombay website would help but it has no info whatsoever...I was wondering if guys on this forum especially if you are from Mumbai...would be kind enough to help me with finding a copy of the syllabus for III MBBS and any further information that would be helpful in this regard.I would really appreciate that.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you are in India, I think it is your best bet to tail around the authorities of Mumbai university yourself. Really because the copy has to be approved and attessed. Those people holding government jobs in mumbai are a bit stubborn and cranky, you gotta haunt them till they budge, i know its painful, but thats how it was for getting my 12th grade transcrips for transfering to a Uni in the US. So good luck. :luck: Be persistent. thats the word.

Or, you could get Munna Bhai to do the asking ;).

Members don't see this ad :)
indiandoctor said:
Hey Guys,
I got my MBBS in 1999 from U of Mumbai and I am trying to find a syllabus for III MBBS at University of Mumbai and a template for how the III MBBS examination are/were conducted. Specifically , I know that we were taught and tested on neurology, dermatology and psychiatry however they are all part of medicine or atleast were par tof int medcine back in 90s.
I have been in the US for a while now working in health research and plan to move to Norway with wife in say 2 years...however the Norwegian Medical Association who evaluated my degree asked me to provide more evidence in terms of if neuro, dermat and psych ...if it was taught and if students who get an MBBS are evaluated for knowledge in those subjects.
I was hoping that the U of Bombay website would help but it has no info whatsoever...I was wondering if guys on this forum especially if you are from Mumbai...would be kind enough to help me with finding a copy of the syllabus for III MBBS and any further information that would be helpful in this regard.I would really appreciate that.

another thing MBBS is no longer a course with Mumbai university except for students who havnt cleared the exam or something .
it now comes under MUHS .... maharastra university of health sciences which was founded in 1998 i think.....
i think u should visit mumbai university and hopefully find someone willing to help you or otherwise find some old student who may have a copy or go back to ure college and they should hopefully have something in their records.
hope this helps.

indiandoctor said:
Hey Guys,

dude,
ur search wud end at the mumbai university, the KALINA CAMPUS at Santacruz....they have a brochure that consists of the syllabi of all 3 years...i gottit from there....incase u cant go there urself, sumone else cud procure it..