MBBS w/o residency.. what to do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atria78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
<ok something wrong with this thread?>

Members don't see this ad.

options in the usa would include research, or assisting physicians in their practice, however I haven't heard many people giving up without even trying usmle exams because every other img is doing it even many years after completing overseas medical degrees.

hi!
it's a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea to even think of practising in india without doing a pist graduation...the only job in the govt. sector you can get is that of a medical officer, with a apy of maybe 15000 rupees. thats it. dont even think of joining the private sector with a fellowship...there are soooo many cardiologists and gastroentologists etc around that no one will ever go to a plain mbbs., unless of course your friend sets up her practice in a small village with a population of 200 and is ready to accept food grains in exchange for consultation fees. i dont mean to be sarcastic....i just want you to know the ground realities.....it will be much easier to give her usmle's and get a residency in usa than in india. hope this helps.