MCAT 2015 Princeton review Psychology book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was planning to buy Princeton Review's Psychology and sociology book that is supposed to come with 3 practice tests. However, when I went to buy it from Amazon, I saw reviews stating that the book does not come with any online codes for practice tests. Did anybody in the forum buy this book? what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reviews are false. They can't read.

The ISBN # at the back of the book is the code you need to go online to claim the practice tests. You technically don't have to buy the book to get the "code" because the ISBN is accessible anywhere on Google/Amazon.

It comes with 3 full lengths, yes.

Reviews are false. They can't read.

The ISBN # at the back of the book is the code you need to go online to claim the practice tests. You technically don't have to buy the book to get the "code" because the ISBN is accessible anywhere on Google/Amazon.

It comes with 3 full lengths, yes.

So either the reviewers are deviously clever or head shakingly stupid.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case you haven't thought of it, you can also call or email Princeton Review and ask them for the ISBN of that book and whether or not all of them come with the materials you want. Princeton Review should answer that regardless of where you are buying the book.

In case you haven't thought of it, you can also call or email Princeton Review and ask them for the ISBN of that book and whether or not all of them come with the materials you want. Princeton Review should answer that regardless of where you are buying the book.

That means they might lose out on money though (if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly).

It works. I used the ISBN code without purchasing the books, and got access to the 3 tests.

If interested, Go check out the free 2015 MCAT videos on YouTube at "goEXAMprep" channel.

Here is the direct link to the channel playlist: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVPgbrwAP1VDv-bHLfFzVxA/playlists

This resource just started recently so videos will be added continually to the 9 videos currently on the channel. It is a collaborative volunteer project I am doing with different professors, current and past pre-med students I tutor, and so the videos are hopefully more interactive and engaging. All of the new MCAT 2015 material will be in an organized format that exactly follows the AAMC outline and will be finished within 3 months. We are starting with Foundational Concepts 6-10 since that is the new material.

So LIKE the videos and SUBSCRIBE to the channel "goEXAMprep" for the bi-weekly additions to the channel of new video material. And please COMMENT on the videos as well and give us your feedback if y'all think the material is helpful and/or any requests for new material or for us to go more into depth on already present material on the channel and/or any questions! We want your feedback! I will reply to any questions on the channel.

Your feedback makes the volunteer experience more meaningful for us.

Good luck studying!

- Ty
OMG thank you so much for taking a great initiative on making these free videos. I will definitely use those as one of my primary resources, thanks!

One of the exams is their free practice exam (I haven't looked at it yet, but it looks like it's the abbreviated one).
As far as the book, here are my thoughts:
I find it a bit more difficult to read, but that's not because of the language. The chapters are ~40 pages long and I feel much better when I can finish an entire chapter in one sitting. With the TPR book, it's a bit frustrating because I haven't been able to do that. Once again, that just has to do with how the chapters are broken up, not the content. This is very much TPR's usual style of how the chapters are broken up. In contrast, Kaplan breaks their chapters into bite-sized 20 something pages baby chapters.
The content: pretty in depth, I like that it has in-text questions with explanations in the footnotes.
Questions: each chapter has free-standing and passage-based questions. Supposedly, Kaplan doesn't (based on reviews). If their Psych/soc book is anything like their other books, then their questions are just rote memorization questions, in a style that wouldn't appear on the exam.

I think TPR's Psych passages are of pretty good quality. Sucks that they only offer 1 passage per chapter.