MCAT 2015 Science Content Outline - Free

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blueprint MCAT Tutor

MCAT Guru
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

The AAMC have released their official full content outline for free on their website. I've attached it to this post. As excellent as this resource is, however, it's not exactly study-schedule friendly. The outline is based around the test sections rather than the sciences. While this isn't bad, per se, I find it pretty counter-intuitive.

So I went through and re-wrote the outline to be based on science subjects. I also simplified and condensed a lot of it. I'd like to think my version is a lot easier to use as a study guide :p

Anyway, I've attached my content outline to this post as well. I hope it proves helpful to you guys in your prep.

Mods: if you think there's real value in the free outlines I've attached here, could you maybe sticky this post?

Thanks all and good luck! :)

-Bryan

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• MCAT 2015 Outline.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 731
  • Next Step MCAT Content Outline.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 814
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, someone just did a "like" on this post which brought it back up in my newsfeed, and it got me to wondering:

Are folks finding that they prefer to study oriented around the section of the test, or around the science discipline?

What I mean is, do you find it easier to organize your work and your thinking around the classic science disciplines (e.g. "Today I'm going to work on biology!" "Tomorrow is physics!"), or do you work through the content as the AAMC has arranged its own outline (e.g. "Today I'm going through AAMC category 4B!" [meaning both physics and chem])

Hey, someone just did a "like" on this post which brought it back up in my newsfeed, and it got me to wondering:

Are folks finding that they prefer to study oriented around the section of the test, or around the science discipline?

What I mean is, do you find it easier to organize your work and your thinking around the classic science disciplines (e.g. "Today I'm going to work on biology!" "Tomorrow is physics!"), or do you work through the content as the AAMC has arranged its own outline (e.g. "Today I'm going through AAMC category 4B!" [meaning both physics and chem])

I found it much easier to chunk my studying by subject and let the integration of topics come from doing passages. There's just so much potential overlap between the two hard sciences sections (biochem especially) that it doesn't seem feasible to separate the two.