MCAT 2015 Study Material Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makica30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took the MCAT last summer and ended up getting only a 28. I was supposed to take it in January but work + coursework + unanticipated health problems was too much to really commit to it. I still wish I went through with it but I ended up canceling to get the refund. The breakdown of my last score was 10/10/8, and for Canadian schools we usually would require around 9/11/12. With the new MCAT scoring I really don't even know what the cut offs will look like.

I have TPR books and practice materials (only the workbook now since I no longer have access to the online work). During the first MCAT I felt prepared content wise, I had a decent grasp on the material, memorized a lot of stuff. Unfortunately I didn't start doing FL practice until about 20 days or less before my actual MCAT and would consistently not do so well in the bio section which showed especially since it was the last one which makes me really worried about the longer length for the new test.

For the new MCAT am I okay using TPR's old books and just buying the psych/soc one?
What FL materials can I use that match the new test? Are the EK ones a good match?

Members don't see this ad.

Just a comment on TPR online access — if you took a course, I believe they have some sort of satisfaction guarantee where if you did all of the work but didn't score as well as you wanted to, they will let you retake the entire course for free. Good luck! :)