mcat 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravin66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
before applying to podiatry school I want to get my ms in biochemistry which will take 2 years. I am wondering how school acceptance rates will be since the mcat is changing next year. How will I be compared to other applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Tough to answer for a lot of reasons. If you wouldn't mind sharing your cGPA, sGPA, any past MCAT scores/when you took them, and also any shadowing experience you may have that would help probably get a general answer. As far as a new MCAT, my assumption would be that those with a previous "old" MCAT score that is not too outdated would be considered the same as in the past at most, if not all schools. Speaking generally, it gets interesting with these "new" exams because for a year or two schools don't really know what exactly a score means under new systems. If you have an MCAT score from 2013 or later I would assume it will be acceptable if your plan is to start pod school in fall 2015.