mcat 2020 rolling admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogetter898

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would having a june mcat test date v a july mcat test date prove very beneficial and give me a leg up with rolling admissions? Are rolling admission of even more emphasis this year as people rush to get test dates and so many people will have later scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I think with this cycle, you should be fine with a July MCAT date. Typically, July would be a little bit too late since you wouldn't receive your score until August. I would say you would normally want your secondaries submitted by the end of July to be considered early, but since this isn't a normal cycle and many students had to postpone their MCATs due to the pandemic, you could probably take a July MCAT and be fine. If you think that extra month will help you improve your score, then I would definitely suggest taking the exam in July.

I'm not too sure what you're asking in the second question. In a normal cycle, rolling admissions means that early applicants are favored since early applicants are competing for more available seats, while later applicants will likely be competing for less seats (since the early applicants already took them). This cycle, many medical schools have stated that they will be slowing down their initial review of applicants to accommodate those who had their applications delayed due to the pandemic.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors