Quantcast

MCAT 3R....worth doing?

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I printed out like 75 pages of MCAT 3 R from the MCAT website...but is it worth doing?

I heard many people say its too easy and is not like the real thing.

how did u feel about it?

genome25

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
was it the free test? (i think i did it online) anyways, from what i remember, i got 1 point diff from that test to the real mcat. hope that helps.

lyragrl

Mold-a-rama fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes!! Even if it is a little old and not exactly like the current exam, it's still pretty darn similar. Take as many AAMC test as you can get your hands on. I took 1 through 6 and they were a HUGE help.

twaspatz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's not any easier than the actual MCAT, and anyone who tells you different is a ***** (not mentioning any names "*cough cough, see previous *cough* poster *cough*"). It's a compilation of actual MCAT questions from previous tests, so that assertion is impossible to back. As such, it's the closest to the actual MCAT that you'll find. As a matter of fact, I would highly recommend spending the $80.00 to get the four actual MCAT practice tests. While it won't completely alleviate things like test anxiety or bad time management due to triple checking and second guessing on the actual test as opposed to going with your gut feeling on the practice test, it would be the one thing I would have done different.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
um it may be of the same difficulty as the mcat you took but it is a hell of a lot easier than the other aamc exams (4,5,6)

Tbonez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cerberus
um it may be of the same difficulty as the mcat you took but it is a hell of a lot easier than the other aamc exams (4,5,6)

Think before you speak. THEY ALL COME FROM THE SAME TEST BANK. So why don't you explain to all of us how your babble is logical?

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tbonez
Think before you speak. THEY ALL COME FROM THE SAME TEST BANK. So why don't you explain to all of us how your babble is logical?

Hey dip****, do me a favor and look at the last page of aamc 3, now read that is was scaled according to the two tests giving in 1994, now take a look at aamc 6 guess what it was scaled according to the tests giving in 2001. These tests came out successively not all together, so they actually represent tests administered over a 7 year period (with 6 being released most recently). Now, if you dont believe that the MCAT has gotten successively more difficult over the years, take a look a look at AAMC 1&2 (which were released in the late 80's-early 90's)....

anecdotaly everyone i have talked to found 3R to be the easiest of the aamc tests.

Taleof50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't think it really matters if it's easy or not. just take as many practice tests as you can. if its easy, whatever... you just went through the process of taking another [email protected] test... and sitting through it and doing it is half the battle.

Tbonez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cerberus
Hey dip****, do me a favor and look at the last page of aamc 3, now read that is was scaled according to the two tests giving in 1994, now take a look at aamc 6 guess what it was scaled according to the tests giving in 2001. These tests came out successively not all together, so they actually represent tests administered over a 7 year period (with 6 being released most recently). Now, if you dont believe that the MCAT has gotten successively more difficult over the years, take a look a look at AAMC 1&2 (which were released in the late 80's-early 90's)....

anecdotaly everyone i have talked to found 3R to be the easiest of the aamc tests.

So you just said that AAMC 1&2 are easier because they came from an earlier set of test bank questions, but then walked over yourself and said that 3R (which came out later) was the easiest. Logic please?

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tbonez
So you just said that AAMC 1&2 are easier because they came from an earlier set of test bank questions, but then walked over yourself and said that 3R (which came out later) was the easiest. Logic please?

1&2 are so easy that no one even uses them