MCAT 4 Month Study Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Narcos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am trying to build a study plan. I have the following materials.
- Next Step Content Books
- Kaplan Books
- Exam crackers 1001 Questions in Biology
- EC 101 passages in
-Biology
- Gen Chem
- Orgo
- Physics
- CARS
- Barrons Flash cards
I also have the AAMC FL's and other full lengths
- AAMC Qbanks

I have tried to put together a little outline of when I should be doing the material and finishing it.

Test Date: MAY 5 2017

As I am reading the content take 1 page of notes per chapter from the content review books. Make flash cards as needed.

Finish all content review 1.5 month before exam (April)
Then review notes and flash cards that I took
Do about 2 passages of the EC 101 passages all the way until the test day as practice
1.5 month till the test day do a FL exam every week or so and review the wrong answers and note why they were wrong.
Do Q banks throughout my 4 months and note all wrong questions
Do a 2 CARS Passage Every day until test date

Is that a good plan?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can, shorten content review to 2 months then spend the other 2 months doing any and all practice material. Start with AAMC material and then sprinkle in some 3rd party practice for timing and practice in general. Depends on what else you have going on during your prep i.e classes, work, etc.

I like the above post. 2 months of content review, do a chapter a day from Kaplan, do their online passages as well. 2 months of taking FL's 1st month I would just do like NS/EK then move onto AAMC stuff for your last month. Do every CARS timed. GL

Thanks guys. This is my current plan (attached) for when I do do the content review phase. Can you please let me know if thats a good start for the first 2 months?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 8.43.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 8.43.28 PM.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 196
Members don't see this ad :)
I like the above post. 2 months of content review, do a chapter a day from Kaplan, do their online passages as well. 2 months of taking FL's 1st month I would just do like NS/EK then move onto AAMC stuff for your last month. Do every CARS timed. GL
See my most recent ^^^

See my most recent ^^