MCAT 499 Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boofulmd95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would really like to know my chances of getting in this cycle. I will be applying to DO schools only this cycle. My stats are the following:
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT 2018: 498
MCAT 2020: 499
I am a NJ resident. I have significant hours clinical and research experience. I also have many hours of shadowing a neurologist. I am not underserved in medicine but considered economically disadvantaged.
I am planning to retake the MCAT in January. Please let me know your very honest opinion of what my chances are for getting in this cycle (to start on August 2021)? @Goro
@Faha are there are a list of schools I can apply to in the meantime before retaking the MCAT in January? Please let me know I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could receive interviews at these DO schools with your stats:
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
VCOM (all 4 schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
LUCOM
BCOM
ICOM
LMU-DCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews. Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by November.

Reactions: 1 user
You could receive interviews at these DO schools with your stats:
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
VCOM (all 4 schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
LUCOM
BCOM
ICOM
LMU-DCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews. Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by November.

Thank you so much!
Do you happen to know which schools are accepting January MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I would really like to know my chances of getting in this cycle. I will be applying to DO schools only this cycle. My stats are the following:
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT 2018: 498
MCAT 2020: 499
I am a NJ resident. I have significant hours clinical and research experience. I also have many hours of shadowing a neurologist. I am not underserved in medicine but considered economically disadvantaged.
I am planning to retake the MCAT in January. Please let me know your very honest opinion of what my chances are for getting in this cycle (to start on August 2021)? @Goro
@Faha are there are a list of schools I can apply to in the meantime before retaking the MCAT in January? Please let me know I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

similar scores, ass me so we can go through this together lol