DO MCAT 505, 3.71cGPA, 3.58sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nosoddy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Stats as above; 126, 128, 125, 126. Thousands of hours volunteer clinical while in the service (just BLS), 5 years career at BLS-to-ALS 911 experience after separating. Prior military, non-trad, applying late 20's. No research outside of undergrad requirements. No publications.

I am applying broadly DO; my concern is if I should apply MD. I am a Maryland resident graduating from a WV school, and the premed committee here is pushing for MD application at WVU once they finish drafting my letter. I am so late in the cycle, even if I was considered I am concerned I am just throwing money at it. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

West Virginia and U Maryland are worth applying to. The non residents at West Virginia are often from neighboring states and the fact that you attended undergrad there will help.

West Virginia and U Maryland are worth applying to. The non residents at West Virginia are often from neighboring states and the fact that you attended undergrad there will help.
Much appreciated for the input, I'll squeeze the eyes shut and send it out.

Thread necromancy; your advice paid off. I said "eff it" and threw out a few MD apps.

II at USUHS, WVU; hold at UMD, Penn State (didn't see that coming, thought it would be outright "nah bro go somewhere else")

DO starting to trickle in but various II's

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: 1 users