MCAT 509 to 513 to...513. I know. How should I adjust?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubblepop

Reaction score
I decided to retake because I was getting 515/516 on my FLs and felt confident, but the results are what they are. Though I already know that same score retakes will hurt, I was wondering if y'all could give me advice on which specific ways this may hurt my application, and any adjustments I should make on my application/ school lists. I'm open to your reality checks, especially those that can advise how adcoms may potentially react. Thanks in advance.

cGPA/sGPA - 3.61/3.62
Clinical volunteering - 160 hrs at Ronald McDonald (had actual patient contact)
Non-Clinical volunteering - 850hrs with significant leadership
Research/Employment - 4000hrs until matr. 2 pubs, 6th author in major paper, 4th author in the other.
Shadowing - 75hrs across cardiololgy, emergency, and hospital med.
Other ECs - Resident advisor 600hrs, Diversity rep 600hrs, Cultural dance team choreographer 750hrs

Reaches (5)

My undergrad, Brown, Dartmouth, Emory, USC

Upper Targets (15)
Albany, Creighton, Drexel, George Washington, Hofstra, Loyola, Miami, Rochester, SLU, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, U of Missouri - Columbia (IS), Wake Forest, Virginia Commonwealth, Penn State

Lower Targets (7)
NYMC, Qinnipac, Rosalind Franklin, Rush, Tufts, Tulane, Western Michigan

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools will average your scores. So, being conservative, I suggest:
Rochester
Hofstra
Albert Einstein (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
U Toledo
Dartmouth (maybe)
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
U MO
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Okay got it. Luckily a lot of the schools you suggested are already on my list. Thank you for your help!