MCAT 523, 4.0 GPA, would really appreciate help with school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikedogssohelpme

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add these schools:
Case Western
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Emory
Miami
Duke
U Virginia
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Columbia
Cornell
Mount Sinai
Einstein
Hofstra
Harvard
Brown
Boston University
USC Keck
Kaiser

Reactions: 1 users
You could add these schools:
Case Western
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Emory
Miami
Duke
U Virginia
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Columbia
Cornell
Mount Sinai
Einstein
Hofstra
Harvard
Brown
Boston University
USC Keck
Kaiser
Thank you!!

Hi! This is my first post, but I really need some help with my school list. I would really appreciate anyone taking the time to help me. Thanks!

Demographics:
21 year old Indian female, Ohio resident

Statistics:
MCAT: 523
cGPA: 4.0
sGPA: 4.0

Undergrad majors/minors:
Majors: Medical Sciences, Spanish + a certificate in Spanish for Social Work/Health Professionals

Paid Medical/Clinical: 2000 hours
-2 years as a medical scribe in departments of Plastic Surgery, General & Thoracic Surgery, and Colorectal Surgery (all pediatric)

Paid Non-Medical/Clinical: unsure of hours
-grocery store clerk (1 year), chess instructor at 2 local elementary schools (1 year)

Community Service/Volunteer: ~200
-100 hours: spanish translator at federally funded nutrition program, created informational videos in Spanish for YouTube page, helped hispanic families with medical history forms
-50 hours: caring for service dogs in training while their handlers were in class, at work, etc.
-25 hours (ongoing): helped to create informational flyers about COVID-19, symptoms, and safety precautions in Spanish to be distributed at Hispanic supermarkets and restaurants. Abstract for poster presentation submitted for a global health conference.
-15 hours (ongoing): helping to promote awareness about south asian risks related to cardiovascular disease as part of Red Saree, moderated a zoom conference for the organization with vice president of local AHA chapter talking about heart health

Research: 75 hrs
-supported research of two faculty members as part of honors ochem lab, so really not a lot of research experience

Shadowing: 12 hours (interventional radiology, cardiology)
-cut short bc of covid-19, did not have time to shadow in earlier years because of working (scribing, etc.) plan to address this in covid-19 related prompts for secondaries

Honors/awards:
Full undergraduate scholarship

Current schools (no specific order)
Michigan
OSU
University of Cincinnati
Northwestern
UChicago
UPenn
NYU

I really need to add more schools to the list and would really appreciate anyone’s help! Also any opinions on the list in general are welcome. Thank you!
@Goro @gonnif
I would really appreciate your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.