1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Stephanie765, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Stephanie765

2+ Year Member

Hey all!

I took the july 6 mcat and am pretty sure I completely bombed Bio. the first two sections went fine, but I got pretty nervous for the Bio. I had been averaging thirties on practice tests, but am not sure if I should continue studying now for a Sept retake? Or just wait?

Any advice would be great!

I've already submitted my primary app.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There is a thread for this... Look at the stickied threads asking whether to re-take or not.

I would re-take if you feel that you can improve your score.

4. ak21

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    if u consistently scored a 30 on ur practice tests...then i wouldn't recommend studying right now. there are A LOT of kids that leave the test feeling like they bombed a section, and they end up with 10s. The only way I'd recommend studying is if you literally guessed on a lot (15-20) of questions. And i don't mean educated guess, I mean straight up guess. I'm sure you did fine if you were averaging 30s. Good luck:luck:

5. asrikrishnan

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I kinda disagree with ak21. I felt the same way with my BS score after leaving my MCAT. I considered continuing to study but I felt too burnt out and I would have had to wait 3 months anyway since i took my first one in September. My advice would be to keep studying. Maybe just focus on BS for like an hour a day. I think in any case it can't hurt to keep studying.

6. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Since you're done with primaries and don't have much else to do application-wise, start prepping a little bit. Since you only took the test recently, a lot of materials should be review at this point. Focus on your weaknesses for content review and do A LOT of practice materials.