MCAT Advice appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephanie765

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I took the july 6 mcat and am pretty sure I completely bombed Bio. the first two sections went fine, but I got pretty nervous for the Bio. I had been averaging thirties on practice tests, but am not sure if I should continue studying now for a Sept retake? Or just wait?

Any advice would be great!

I've already submitted my primary app.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all!

I took the july 6 mcat and am pretty sure I completely bombed Bio. the first two sections went fine, but I got pretty nervous for the Bio. I had been averaging thirties on practice tests, but am not sure if I should continue studying now for a Sept retake? Or just wait?

Any advice would be great!

I've already submitted my primary app.

Thanks!

if u consistently scored a 30 on ur practice tests...then i wouldn't recommend studying right now. there are A LOT of kids that leave the test feeling like they bombed a section, and they end up with 10s. The only way I'd recommend studying is if you literally guessed on a lot (15-20) of questions. And i don't mean educated guess, I mean straight up guess. I'm sure you did fine if you were averaging 30s. Good luck:luck:

I kinda disagree with ak21. I felt the same way with my BS score after leaving my MCAT. I considered continuing to study but I felt too burnt out and I would have had to wait 3 months anyway since i took my first one in September. My advice would be to keep studying. Maybe just focus on BS for like an hour a day. I think in any case it can't hurt to keep studying.

Since you're done with primaries and don't have much else to do application-wise, start prepping a little bit. Since you only took the test recently, a lot of materials should be review at this point. Focus on your weaknesses for content review and do A LOT of practice materials.