MCAT advice for pharmacy student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

codone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a dilemma. I am currently deciding on whether to take the last "old" exam in January or start prepping for the new test.

My situation: I am in my last year of pharmacy school and am knee deep in rotations. I can only dedicate a few hours a week for studying and I don't know if that would be enough time.

What would you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a 4th yr pharmacy student, why would you take the MCAT?? Are you planning on changing routes??

I would advise that you take AAMC #3 to see where you are right now and then compare that with where you want to be. Ask yourself if you think you'll have enough time to make the difference. Only a couple of hours each week (even for 4 months) may not be enough to make large gains, however you may already be ahead of the curve in a lot of aspects after having gone through most of pharmacy school. I'd say if your test score isn't a far cry from the score range you want then try it out, but keep in mind that if your progress is non-existent as you continue to study it may be because it demands more time.