MCAT-Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.Furfur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wrote my MCAT 2 days ago, my score will be released on the 18th of July.

First of all, there is an MCAT subforum. The people there are very nice.

I think I did bad on the VR section and I am thinking of re-writing. I found a spot available on the 24th of July. If I find out that my score is good, a refund would be too late. I think loosing 150$ still beats loosing a year.

I agree.

I haven't submitted my AMCAS application yet but will do it next week. Can I register for the MCAT and not mention it on my application until after my score is released and only if my score was bad enough for the schools I am applying to?

That's going to get sticky. Your first MCAT is going to be reported to AMCAS automatically. If you check the box that says you're planning to retake, schools will hold your application until the new scores arrive. Of course, if you get a great score, you won't retake. I'd imagine you could contact each school and let them know you're not retaking and that you'd like them to proceed with their evaluation of your application...

-z

That's going to get sticky. Your first MCAT is going to be reported to AMCAS automatically. If you check the box that says you're planning to retake, schools will hold your application until the new scores arrive. Of course, if you get a great score, you won't retake. I'd imagine you could contact each school and let them know you're not retaking and that you'd like them to proceed with their evaluation of your application...

-z

Sorry for posting the thread here. I'd ppreciate it if the moderators can move it.
Can I only check the retake option after the 18th of July (when my score is released)?

Can I only check the retake option after the 18th of July (when my score is released)?

Sure. Taking a future MCAT is one of the few changes you can make after submitting your application. (See Applicant Instruction Guide, p. 82.)

Best of luck,
-z