MCAT advice on a retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDS1115

Reaction score
So I know I need to retake my MCAT. Overall I got a 491 and here is my score break down:

When I took the MCAT I didn’t give myself enough time to study (2 weeks) and took one practice exam. I also took the exam with out taking Biochemistry or self teaching.

So I plan to retake the MCAT in mid-June to receive my score in July. By this time I will be done with Biochem. I will review starting in January and start taking practice exams in May.

I’m not sure if this is a smart plan or if anyone can offer some advice to help me maximize my score. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

So I know I need to retake my MCAT. Overall I got a 491 and here is my score break down:

When I took the MCAT I didn’t give myself enough time to study (2 weeks) and took one practice exam. I also took the exam with out taking Biochemistry or self teaching.

So I plan to retake the MCAT in mid-June to receive my score in July. By this time I will be done with Biochem. I will review starting in January and start taking practice exams in May.

I’m not sure if this is a smart plan or if anyone can offer some advice to help me maximize my score. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I had a similar amount of time for studying when I took the MCAT. I finished content review in two months (while taking classes, so maybe doing 2+ hours of MCAT on weekdays and 5 hours on weekend days) then starting doing review and taking a full length exam every weekend. Use the AAMC materials (they are pricey but worth it). I also used the princeton review books and really found them helpful. Good luck!