Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

MCAT advice please

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by jamesq, May 27, 2008.

1. jamesq

Medical Student
    I just took the may 23rd mcat, and have no idea how i did. I left the exam feeling a little down, but I heard this is how ur suppose to feel after the exam. My question: for the next month or so, until i get my results, should I prepare for a second retake and also sign up for another exam, or just wait it out and see how i did? Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Well, if the money isn't a huge issue for you, you could go ahead and schedule another MCAT to reserve your spot. That way if you don't get a score you're happy with, you have a spot ready to go. If you are happy with your score, then you can just cancel your additional test, though I'm not sure what cost is associated with that.

Basically, it would be better to have the spot and not need it than need the spot and not have it.

4. jamesq

Medical Student
    thats a good point too, but do you think I should do any hard core studying during this month of wait? What have other people's experience been during the wait. In honesty, the wait is really getting to me.