MCAT advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamesq

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the may 23rd mcat, and have no idea how i did. I left the exam feeling a little down, but I heard this is how ur suppose to feel after the exam. My question: for the next month or so, until i get my results, should I prepare for a second retake and also sign up for another exam, or just wait it out and see how i did? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if the money isn't a huge issue for you, you could go ahead and schedule another MCAT to reserve your spot. That way if you don't get a score you're happy with, you have a spot ready to go. If you are happy with your score, then you can just cancel your additional test, though I'm not sure what cost is associated with that.

Basically, it would be better to have the spot and not need it than need the spot and not have it.

thats a good point too, but do you think I should do any hard core studying during this month of wait? What have other people's experience been during the wait. In honesty, the wait is really getting to me.