MCAT Advice/Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhoot7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice for the MCAT. This is what is holding me back from medical school. I have never done well on standardized tests. This is different though because most of it is more knowledge based and applying your knowledge. I am looking for some advice on the reading section because I fear this section the most.

Also, any advice on a study schedule. I am planning out a year to study while working and taking time off of school. I plan on starting with Kaplan books and using Khan Academy. What is some advice for individuals that did well on the 2016 MCAT? I really wanna do well and make sure I am prepared. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can use the sdn search engine to find many posts like this and it's replies. The CARS section takes practice to master, so that is a good start.

I am looking for some advice for the MCAT. This is what is holding me back from medical school. I have never done well on standardized tests. This is different though because most of it is more knowledge based and applying your knowledge. I am looking for some advice on the reading section because I fear this section the most.

Also, any advice on a study schedule. I am planning out a year to study while working and taking time off of school. I plan on starting with Kaplan books and using Khan Academy. What is some advice for individuals that did well on the 2016 MCAT? I really wanna do well and make sure I am prepared. Thanks!

Have you checked out Lenoxhillpremedical.com? They only have one exam right now but I contacted them and they are currently working on releasing two more. The one I took I got to take for free because I had a promo code (don't know if it still works) and it was the BEST practice exam I have taken. I have done a few from Next Step and they were good, but Lenoxhill has great questions and explanations. I really struggle on the CARS and that one exam helped my AAMC practice score go up. I recommend checking them out.