MCAT Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemistry hahgdgjjhdf

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So about yesterday I started feeling under the weather and it has majorly affected my studying plans. I’m supposed to test on August 7th but I almost feel that I should take a week to get better. If I do that, I don’t think I would feel confident going in and I wouldn’t have completed all my AAMC practice exams.

What do you guys think? Should I push it back a week to August 14th and take the week to relax and get better? Or push it back more?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Your call on if you should push. Getting through all AAMC practice exams is a good idea. I would not recommend taking a week off of studying. If you can, try to review flash cards, formulas, pathways, etc. doesn’t have to be a lot at a time. But 20 mins 5x per day will add up.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't take the test while you're sick. You want to be 100% confident and healthy in order to maximize your performance.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How sick are you feeling? A little under the weather can mean getting a well deserved day off or two. Something more legit may require you to push it back.

Also, where are you score wise and where would you like to be?

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
How sick are you feeling? A little under the weather can mean getting a well deserved day off or two. Something more legit may require you to push it back.

Also, where are you score wise and where would you like to be?

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
I feel sick enough to where it’s hard to study. I will probably analyze here in the next two days.

My scores are where I want them to be except for C/P which I need to spend some more time on

just push it back. You don’t want to retake the MCAT. Eat healthy, sleep well.
I'm pretty sure he's already retaking, based on other posts. The answer is that you need to push it back as far as necessary until you feel ready, rather than taking it on a certain date in order to receive results by a certain date. If this is, in fact, a retake, you should already know this.

Worst comes to worst, your application is either later than ideal, or you miss the cycle. If you mess the test up, you are missing the cycle anyway!