MCAT advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmatt1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Msughrue-

i am currently studying for the august MCAT. I read your posting on SDN and totally agree with and find helpful your advice for
>verbal. If you have any other suggestions toward the rest of the test that
>you may find beneficial, please e-mail me with them. I especially was
>wondering your thoughts on which types of passages for the other sections
>are worth reading and which ones are only a waste of time. I know I was
>advised NOT to read G-chem passages. Can you offer any input?

Members don't see this ad.

My opinion is to read them all.....most of them are relatively short....and there is a tendency for them to state their assumptions in the passage these assumptions are things that are held constant and if you recall my ps algorhythm, step three is to hold everything constant that can be held constant.....the key issue here is to read actively not passively....when you see something that you can reasonably infer to have been held constant, or something where an equation is described....write it out in the margin........you are not reading the passages for the enjoyment of studying cell cycle regulation.....trust me there are alot of better stuff on that than mcat questions.....

keep plugging....there are 2 LSU people in my class at columbia

mike

Try various methods (e.g., reading PS passages, not PS reading passages), take practice tests, and compare strategies. After evaluating your performance, run with what works best and maximize that strategy.

Together